Thursday, February 28, 2008

Brownie Hell

Weigh in yesterday - I gained .2. Boring. I am bored with writing the same shit about gaining a .2 here and losing .6 there. This week was not in the right direction and last night I kind of let it all go to hell because I was just frustrated but I'm trying to pull it back together today.

Yesterday started out great - I did a bunch of errands, then met with the trainer in the afternoon and was subjected to another brutal workout. I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but most Wednesday nights I get together with a group of girlfriends to have dinner, catch up, drink wine, and usually watch some bad reality TV. Last night it was my turn to host, so I decided to attempt some cooking.

I started out making the fudgy mint brownies that are on the cover of this month's Cooking Light (I looked but I don't think they've posted it online). It was kind of a comedy of errors because I ran out of chocolate syrup and had to run to the store mid-mix, then when I was making the mint glaze, I accidentally dumped about half a bottle of green food coloring when I was only supposed to use 2 drops. Oopsie. The brownies turned out to be a sickening green color, but they tasted really great. Too great.

I also made a really yummy Sun-Dried Tomato Tortellini Soup and a nice salad, which was a nice healthy meal for the most part. But when the wine started flowing and I started getting compliments on the brownies, I suddenly couldn't stop eating them. As a result, I kind of having an icky wine/sugar hangover today and I'm just feeling kind of blah.

The bad news is, tonight we're having dinner with my husband's boss, and we've been asked to bring - you got it - a dessert. I think I'm going to go to Whole Foods and pick out something I don't really like so that I'll avoid eating it. I thought about bringing the leftover brownies, but unfortunately we don't have enough for the couple and their kids.

As an aside - my husband has worked for this man for years and he and his wife (about 20 years older than we are) have been asking us over for dinner for a while now. We've finally accepted, and found out their 3 kids will be there too. They range from like 9-15. Is that weird? I don't know, I feel like it's kind of weird.

Anyway, I'm trying to get back on the positive tip this morning, so I'm going to head out for a long walk with the dog, shower, and then get my day moving, before the big dinner. I'll report on it tomorrow. :) Hope everyone has a good one!

No comments: