Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Little Engine?

Things have been going so well over the past couple of days - and after eating out for dinner tonight, I realize that I just feel so much better when I eat at home. We ate at an upscale Vietnamese restaurant tonight and just shared a couple of small plates, nothing excessive and I left feeling satisfied, but not overly full.

But I just don't feel AS good as I did last night. Last night I had the magical combination of protein, carbs and fat and I think I felt great physically, but I also felt great mentally. I felt almost smug with my healthy dinner.

Tonight I didn't have that smug feeling. I mean, I did okay and its probably fine, but I dunno. I feel a little bloated or something. I had some sangria, and now I'm obsessing about the calorie count. I think I just need to get over it - I should be able to have a glass of sangria once in a while right. But it's weird, when you're in the groove, any little deviance from the norm seems scary. I guess I still feel like I could go off track at any moment, and I'm scared that I might do that.

Tomorrow's a new day though, and I'm going to do everything I can to make it a great one. Workout will be a run around Sloan's Lake before work. Lunch is with a client, but I'll choose a salad. I can keep this up. I can and I will. Choo choo choo choo...

2 comments:

Kim said...

Keep chugging you little engine you!! :) Have a great day tomorrow!!!

Jen C. said...

Such a great, mindful realization from you about the eating out! Way to go! For me, I think a lot of it has to do with the extra stuff restaurants add to their food: fat, salt, etc. Definitely leaves me feeling ickier than when I cook at home. Hope you're having a great Friday! TGIF!

Love,
Jen