Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Back

Umm hi.

Sorry I've been gone so long. Life has been absolutely insane and blogging - and the tiny losing streak I was on, has been pretty much put on the back burner.

I started a new job on August 1. And we're redoing our kitchen. And the boy's been out of town. And then I was out of town. Blah blah blah it was crazy.

Anyway, yeah. I've been running though, and I've actually been doing pretty good with that. Last weekend we went to Calistoga for a a wedding, and the boy and I ran along this beautiful road past tons and tons of vineyards. I would put some pictures up but I don't have any because I was running. It started out as the most sucky run ever. It was Saturday morning at 7:30 and I didn't wanna run. I did not wanna! I was on vacation.

But I put my shoes on and walked out the door. I was planning on following this trail suggested by the hotel but when we got out on the road, there was nothing. Nothing but, well, road.

And it was a busy road. Turns out the Silverado Trail is not so much a trail. It's more like a highway.

But we decided to stick to the side and run, because the hotel recommended it. We got going and I was feeling okay, but sort of dreading the length of the run. One hour and fifty minutes is a long time to be running. But I had my watch and I was timing ten minute intervals, so I was going to be okay.

And then my watch battery died. I threw a fit. I was pissed. I yelled at the boy. It wasn't his fault but I yelled at him. I was pissed that I had to run on my vacation. I was pissed that I had to wake up early. I was pissed that I had to run down a busy road. I was pissed that my watch battery died.

I was just pissed.

But the boy talked me off of the ledge, I realized I was acting like an asshole, and I just decided to run.

In the end it was a really good run. I think we did about eight miles, and it was nice running with my husband. Totally annoying that he hasn't run in three months and he was able to do eight miles, but fun nonetheless. And the scenery was gorgeous.

So now I'm back home and happy to just be here, but I have no kitchen so the food situation is pretty dire. In fact, it pretty much sucks.

I've been trying to figure it out, I have a toaster and a microwave, so that's good, but if anyone has suggestions on healthy things to eat sans kitchen, I would love them!

So sorry I haven't been commenting for you guys, but I'm off to read now. Hope all is well

ETA: I actually found some pics I took with my phone. The first one is me holding the phone in front my my face - mid run. The second is the beautiful view. I loved the fog by the way, so nice to run in cool weather like that!



2 comments:

K said...

You look much better, mid-run, than I ever do!

Completely understand the not-wanting-to-run thing, as I am battling it myself still. Well done for keeping going. Eight miles is great...

Poached eggs in the microwave? Or you could steam veggies or cook rice in it. Or sweet potatoes (we always do them that way).

Kim said...

I am SO glad that you are back and doing well. Congrats on getting out and running while you were away! Awesome dedication!!!