Friday, October 05, 2007

Run run run

TGIF! I am so glad it's Friday. After a long, crazy week at work it just feels so nice to sit and enjoy a glass of wine and contemplate my weekend.

Sorry I didn't check in earlier in the week - I can tell you that I gained .6 at WW. Boo! That brings my loss since I joined to only 6 lbs total. Oh well, I guess it could be worse. I was back on track after weigh-in but had a pretty craptastic day yesterday. Today has been better, although I'm pretty low on points and I haven't had dinner. It will have to be something small.

Anywho, this weekend should be fun. Only one week left until my half marathon, so I'm tapering down and trying to get psyched. Frankly, I'm sort of freaking out and getting really nervous, but I think I've done the training and I should be able to handle it.

This Sunday I'm doing the Race for the Cure with my sister, and I can't believe this, but that will be my first experience with an organized race. It's a huge one too - they expect more than 50,000 people downtown just for the race! So that's a 5K, and then I have a week of fairly easy runs on my training calendar, and the half mary is next Sunday, October 14! Scary. I know it's going to be a lot more hardcore than the Race for the Cure, but at least I'll get some experience with the race format, the crowds, etc.

The boy and I are currently trying to figure out what we're going to do tonight. Tomorrow is a little bit of shopping, cleaning, and then I'll head over and pick up my race packet. Tomorrow night will be some pasta to prep for the run and then we go. It's supposed to be only like 50 degrees (F) and rainy, so I'm not looking forward to that, but I am looking forward to some hot coffee and a yummy brunch afterward. Wish me luck! And have a great weekend!

No comments: