Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Dress

Wow. Labor Day weekend was super fun, but not exactly on plan. On plan, off plan, on plan, off plan. On and on and on. It's okay though because I'm back on I think. And I had pretty much planned to go off plan, if that's not too much of a cluster. I'm cool with it. I weighed in this morning and was up about a pound, but I'm thinking I can get that off by my official weigh in on Tuesday.

So now for a little wedding chat. My dress came in today, and I'm going to try it on tomorrow. And I'm completely terrified. It's weird, because it's almost certainly going to be too big, considering I ordered it in March and I've lost at least 15 lbs since then. But.

But.

For some reason I'm scared. I'm scared that I'll look like complete crap and then my dream of being a pretty pretty princess in a big white dress will be foiled. I was never one of those girls who had my wedding planned out, but ever since I've started this process, I've sort of gotten a little more into the whole fantasy thing. I want to be pretty dammit. I mean don't we all just want to be pretty sometimes? I think it'll be fine, but still, I'm nervous...

1 comment:

Jen C. said...

Good luck with the dress and don't freak too much. After all, there may be no reason to freak whatsoever. My first fitting was almost 2 weeks ago and it was slightly anticlimactic as I didn't need a single alteration! I admit, I stressed a little beforehand, too, but was glad I didn't freak too much, since that would've been a lot of freaking out for not a very good reason! :-) Be sure to let us know how it goes!