Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Starting Again

Today was the day, as I'm sure it was for many of you out there. I'm not going to lie. It was hard.

I know how to do this. I know exactly what to do. But unfortunately that doesn't make it any easier. Especially when I've been inhaling sugar for four weeks.

This morning I dragged my ass out of bed, did a 5K on the treadmill and some stretching. At least I can still run. Well, what I call running at least. My time was 37:54. I hope to get that down to 31 minutes before summer. We'll see.

Breakfast was an apple and a protein bar. Lunch was a turkey sandwich on wheat and a spinach salad. Snack was yogurt and an orange. And dinner was chicken, roasted peppers and a half of a sweet potato. Lots of colors, lots of nutrients and lots of prep time. Everything I ate tasted good. It tasted virtuous. Yet I still had the sugar cravings. I still wanted a t00tsie roll after lunch. Or twenty. I resisted though and hopefully today will be the hardest day. Getting going is always the hardest right?

I'm not going to talk about what the scale said this morning because I refuse to believe that I've done this to myself. I'll update my weight on the sidebar once I'm a little more comfortable with my progress. And I'll probably do some woo hoo carrots posting for a while just to help keep myself accountable.

I was feeling guilty about doing this new year's resolution thing or whatever it is, but you know what, I can do this. And even if a million other people are saying the same thing, that doesn't make it any different for me. It's going to be hard and it's going to take work but I feel good about this year. This year is going to be my year!

Oh yeah did I mention how proud I am of everyone that kicked arse throughout the holidays? You guys rock. And for you guys who had a rough time like I did - let's get back to it. We can do this. It takes some love and some dedication and we're going to need support, but that's why we have fatblogland. Good luck guys!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Good luck to you as well :)
I think I am going through sugar withdrawal, but we can do it.

wife2abadge said...

Yep -- I recently read that if you do something for four days, it only gets easier. Keep at it!