Saturday, June 13, 2009

Cruisin'

Oh Saturday. I love you. And I LOVE that my husband is home, all snuggled up with the dog in our bed upstairs. Man I missed that boy. His flight got in around 7 last night, so I picked him up from the airport and we went straight to Chipotle. It was even my choice - I thought for sure he'd be craving it after being in China for so long, but he was kind of blah. I think he was just so tired. I ended up with my usual, a veggie bowl, no rice. Yum. After that, we came home and caught up, looked at his pictures, and went to bed early. And now, almost 12 hours later, he's still sleeping. That's what a 24-hour flight and 14-hour time change will do to you.

I'm up enjoying a coffee/green smoothie/water breakfast and catching up on blogs. I'm thinking about heading to an 11 a.m. kickboxing class too, but I think it kind of depends on whether or not the boy decides to get out of bed because he needs new running shoes and I told him I'd go with him. One thing I know is that if the weather holds and doesn't rain like it has been doing EVERY.SINGLE.DAY we are going on a bike ride. Why? Because I got a new bike this week!

Yay! We've been waiting and waiting for it to come in and it finally did. It's just a cruiser, not for hardcore riding, but mostly for me to be able to ride to the grocery store, the gym, those kinds of places. Oh yeah and to get fro yo. I love me some fro yo.

Truth be told, we are thinking about selling the boy's car and becoming a one-car family while I am out of work. I think I can handle it, especially for the summer, and I know it would be really good for our finances. So, without further ado, here's a new pic! I really want to do the disclaimer thing about how I had already gone for a ride and I wasn't prepared blah blah blah so I don't look my best, but eh, oh well. Actually I guess I just did it.


ANYWAY, I don't know if you can tell, but it has teh awesome colorful seat and fun black and white floral patterns on the rest of it. Oh and the green wheels! I heart it so much.

Time to go crusin'!!!!



1 comment:

Jess said...

Yay bike! And the bike could definitely help with the one-car family thing. We're a one-car family and there have only been a couple of instances where we've missed having a second car. However, neither of us commutes. So, there's that.