Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Weigh In

Weigh in today = down .6. What?!? I am P.O.'d! I have had a fabulous week. I have been working out like a mother. I have been downing green smoothies, haven't touched a french fry or a scoop of ice cream or even a beer! What is going on? I should have lost at least 7 or 8 lbs this week! 

Right?

Isn't that the part about losing weight that just sucks? You can work so hard for a full week and only see teeney tiny amounts of progress. But I know, I know, there are a million reasons for it. I'm about to get my period. I'm bloated from soy sauce and miso soup. I'm sore from my workout yesterday so my muscles might be holding water. But still. Still! When you work hard it's nice to see results in terms of the scale going down. And believe me, I could scoot my butt over to the Mexican place down the street for lunch and gain that .6 lbs back in about ten minutes flat. 

Stupid body evolved to hold on to fat in case of a famine. 




2 comments:

Jess said...

The period thing is a killer. But next week you'll probably be down two pounds at least!

Also, I hate that stupid famine thing. Why can't we just tell our bodies there won't be a famine and be done with it?

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

Maybe you lost 2lbs of fat but gained 1.4lbs of muscle :) Not what you wanted to hear but true. There are so many things going on in our body,we just don't understand it. Keep doing what you know you need to do & pushing yourself - your body will catch up eventually.