Saturday, July 15, 2006

Beyond Hot


People, I live in Denver. We have some of the best weather in the States. I mean, sure we have our share of snow in the winter, but we also have more sunny days than San Diego. We have all four seasons, and they are beautiful. When I lived in D.C. I realized just how awesome the weather in Denver is. That's why we're a city full of thin, outdoorsy types. But this weekend!

What am I supposed to do with 102 on Saturday and 103 on Sunday? I can't go on a long bike ride. I'll die. I can't go on a long run. I'll die. I can barely even walk the dogger. I took him out this morning, like I always do on Saturday morning, for a long walk. And he turned around about halfway down the block. Poor little guy just couldn't take it.

We're going to the new house today for the sellers to "show us the ropes," so it'll be interesting to see what the house feels like in this heat. I'm excited because she's going to show me the vegetable garden and what she's done with all of the flowers. I really hope I can keep everything alive. I've never really experienced what it's like to have a yard and a garden, but I just can't wait. We move on August 1, and I'm literally counting down the days. Our first time in a real house!

As far as the heat goes, I guess I'm going to have to head into the air conditioned gym. I'm on a roll with eating and working out right now and I don't want to mess that up because I tried to overdo it on a hot day. Hope everyone has a great weekend planned. Stay focused!

2 comments:

Lynne said...

August 1st! That's so soon, how exciting!

I love the little bit about the dogger. I love how he made the decision that it was too hot and it was in his and your best interest to turn back around and go home. Too cute!

I hope you stay cool this weekend and enjoy going over the new house!

Zhaan said...

We are having a heat wave too. It's "only" in the upper 90s here but we have some really nasty humidity to go with it thanks to tropical storm Beryl so it's a sauna outside. I've been indoors on the treadmill.

Congrats on the house! :)