Then I went to the dentist, which I do not love, but the cleaning was relatively painless and no cavities, so I feel pretty good about that trip. My afternoon was spent coordinating the one million trips and weddings my husband and I have coming up, including:
- Vegas next Wednesday - Friday for his 30th b-day
- Copper Mountain in two weeks for a friend's engagement party (this is just one night)
- Beaver Creek in April for another friend's wedding (weekend)
- Vegas again for me for yet another friend's bachelorette party (I'm a bridesmaid in this one - eek!)
- Austin (Lake LBJ actually) over Memorial Day with our best "couple friend" to celebrate their 30ths!
What I'm a little worried about is the dent they may put in my eating plan, or more than likely, the girth they may add to my waist. Traveling is always hard on me; I seem to revert back to my childhood eating patterns of just eating whatever the hell I want and thinking I'll fix it "when I get back." But that of course has not worked for me in the past, so I'm going to try to figure out a new way to approach traveling.
I thought I did that last week in Miami, but clearly the results on the scale showed otherwise. So for Vegas next week, instead of just trying to do okay most of the time and then blowing it, I'm going to give myself permission to go crazy for one meal, but that is it! Otherwise, I'm on program and I'm focused toward my goal. I know I won't have any trouble getting workouts in, so that's good at least.
On that note, I'm off to the gym, and then to volunteer in a friend's first grade class. Have a wonderful weekend!