Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Weigh In

The weigh in this morning was not good. Up 3 lbs. I have no idea why. Okay that's bullshit I actually do know why - it's because I ate like crap in Miami, but seriously, not bad enough for 3 lbs. And I was actually 1.5 lower than what I am today yesterday so I've got to think that some of that is sodium, water retention etc. but I'm just going to record it and move on. Ugh.

The good news is, I've had a really great couple of days. Planning out all of my meals, sticking to my plan and getting my workouts in. I even used that frozen turkey meat for tacos last night (thus the sodium thing) and got a few other things crossed off of my list as well. I started doing the research for a doctor and am a little overwhelmed at all of the options, so I may just have to close my eyes and point and hope for the best, but I think we'll be okay.

It's supposed to be another beautiful day here so I'm going to go hit the pavement with the doggie and enjoy the sun before the snow comes back (which it's supposed to later this week). Lunch is going to be a simple sweet potato, salad and cottage cheese (mainly because I bought these sweet potatoes and I keep not eating them and I need to eat them). Then I'll probably have yogurt for a snack. The most difficult part of my day will be dinner because I'm off to my weekly Wednesday girl's dinner, but I already know we're having a shrimp pesto gnocchi from an old issue of Cooking Light, and I'm just going to stick to ONE glass of wine and skip the bread. I will skip the bread. I will skip the bread. Say it after me I will skip the bread. I don't need bread if I'm going to be eating gnocchi for dinner.


Well that's it for me today. Hope you all have a great one.

2 comments:

Fatinah said...

mmm, 3lbs is harsh. sounds like you're already well on your way to making that # go away though.

Great plan for tonight - let us know how it goes!!!!!

Kim said...

I'm sure that the 3 pounds was more about water retention than anything else. It will be gone in no time.

Have a great time at dinner. AND DO NOT TOUCH THE BREAD. Seriously. I'll know if you did. :)