A couple of things today.
1. Last year - my toes were swollen and I had a couple of theories about why that was. Well some of the swelling has moved to my fingers as well, and it's becoming a major pain/inconvenience/worry. So I finally went to a rheumatologist this week and found out I do indeed have psoriatic arthritis, which is an extension of my psoriasis.
This sucks. Getting it so young means I'm going to have to closely monitor my joints, and be on some sort of medication (read: weekly shots) for probably the rest of my life. I'm getting an MRI in a couple of weeks to find out if I have any erosion in my toes already, and if I do that is going to be a very bad thing. The other thing is figuring out what I'm going to do to take care of this while I'm in Singapore. Getting doctors, finding out what kind of medication I'll have access to, etc.
It's funny, because I called my toes sausage toes, and the doctor said they actually do call it sausage toe. Like that is a medical term. I knew I should have been a doctor.
2. I also have something else called Ehler's-Danlos syndrome. It means I have a defect in collagen synthesis. I don't really know what that means. What it means to me is that my skin is more stretchy than normal, that my fingers are "double-jointed" (nothing to do with the arthritis) and that I have hypermobility in my elbows and knees. In my case it's nothing to really worry about, but it's interesting to know that I have this nonetheless.
3. Yesterday it was 80 degrees here. Today it is snowing. Big, wet sloppy snowflakes. WTF? Stupid weather.
4. My cousin and her husband are flying in late tonight to stay with us until Monday. I have to pick them up at 11:30 or something. I don't want to stay up that late. I'm so selfish.
5. Last night at bootcamp we ran probably about 3 miles, then we came back and did 30 minutes of abs. Ouch.
6. I have to vacuum. I hate vacuuming. This post is getting boring so I'm off now...