Sunday, February 19, 2006

Minestrone Soup

I made the most awesome, healthy dinner tonight. Can you believe it? I actually cooked! A friend of mine gave me a minestrone soup recipe, sans actual measurements of course, and I figured it out and actually made it. Delicious.

First, saute celery, onion, carrot, and garlic.
Next, add squash, zucchini, and potato.
Blend 1/2 cup white beans with 1/2 cup vegetable stock.
Add blended mixture with the rest of a box of vegetable stock, a can of kidney beans and a can of white beans.
Watch the yummy flavors blend.
Finally, add 1/2 cup of orzo and a sprig of rosemary and cook until orzo is al dente.
Serve with a piece of garlic bread and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on top.

So yummy, filling, and healthy. Too bad I can't say that for the rest of my meals this weekend. I just can't seem to get my motivation back. You think I'd be all about losing this weight now that I'm getting married in less than nine short months, but I'm not. Dammit! I was really hoping this would be the catalyst I needed. I'm still pushing through and doing okay, but not great. Feh.

At least the soup was good!

No comments: