Tuesday, February 14, 2006

So...

It's Valentine's Day, and I'm sitting home alone eating a bowl of cereal for dinner, so maybe now would be a good time to tell you about the big proposal! The boy had to go to San Francisco today on business, so I'm home by myself, but I'm okay with it, because I get to look at my ring!

So Wednesday night, I went to spinning, got home and dinner was on the table. Grey sole with orzo, grilled asparagus, and wine. Delicious. He cooks sometimes, so I didn't think it was strange, but it did look beautiful. Anyway, long story short, we had a great dinner but I thought it was just dinner. I got up to take a dish to the sink, and he sort or ran around the table, pushed me back down in my chair, got down on one knee, and proposed! It was so romantic. I'm so happy I cannot even tell you right now!

We went to D.C. for a whirlwind weekend of celebrating and I ate waaaaaaay too much but I'm okay with it for now. I weighed in yesterday up two pounds, but I'm not going to claim it because I think its just carb bloat, etc.

So now comes the hard part. It is possible we might try to do this in November, which means I have nine months to get to goal.

Nine months.

Oh.
My.
God.

When I've been trying to do this my entire life, I'm now going to attempt it in nine months?

Yes. But there's one caveat. Well maybe a couple. I will not treat myself poorly, and I will not have negative thoughts, even if I don't lose one more pound. I am happy and in love and I know the boy loves me just the way I am. I want to do this for me. But I can see my life now. And it's going to be great no matter what.

No comments: