Tuesday, May 23, 2006

May Places

Hey everyone. I finally went back to the gym tonight after taking a week off due to sickness and laziness and it felt awesome. I hate weight lifting, but I know how good it is for my body and I can just feel my muscles growing. And even though I've taken time off from lifting, I've still been out on my bike and doing my runs, so all is well.

Now if I could only get my food in order. As usual all of my good intentions go to hell. I went to my mom's for dinner last night, and what does she have? Chips and guac. Damn it! Oh well, that's the way life goes. I did do a half hour run before the chips and guac, so hopefully that offset the damage a little.

Tomorrow I have to go to the gyno, and I am not looking forward to it. The biggest reason is that I'm going to get weighed once again, and once again I'll be showing a number that I've seen for at least the past three years. Over those years I've gotten up to 15 pounds lower than I am now, but I always go back up. This has got to stop happening. It will stop happening. Next May I will be in a new place.

I guess I am in a new place this May, but it's just not showing up on the scale. I mean I rode my bike to work last week! I never would have considered that last May. In fact, I rode my bike to work, then rode my bike straight to Whole Foods, where I picked up veggies and ingredients for dinner, then came home and cooked a recipe from Cooking L1ght. Now if you know me, you know that would never happen. So things are good.

P.S. I can't find the recipe right now but I will post when I can. It was awesome thought, I must say.

No comments: