Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Sicky But Feeling Good

If that title makes sense. I know it doesn't, but that's okay.

Sorry I haven't been by in so long. Unfortunately I'm a little sick. Not stomach sick, but I have a cold. Let's see, it started on Sunday, and I think I pushed it that day because I went on a two hour bike ride and my immune system must not have been up for it. After that I started coughing, sneezing, and just generally feeling like ick. Then I helped my mom plant flowers all day and I think that did me in.

Anyway, I'm taking some time off from exercise and trying to get lots of sleep so this goes away quickly, and I think it's working. I've also been using this as a chance to get my shit back together with eating and keep my calories low. I've been reading a bunch of blogs over the past two days, and I think I really need to focus on keeping my calories low during the week. I'm doing well right now, so let's see if I can keep it up.

The boy is out of town right now and will be until next Friday, (he's in Singapore, wow, I hope he brings me something fun!) so I have plenty of time to myself to focus on what I need to do. I think I'll take one more day off of working out to ensure I can breathe when I get back to it, and then I'll really dive back in from Thursday - Sunday. Or maybe I'll go tomorrow. I get so antsy, I'm not sure if I can handle three days off in a row.

Also, I'm hosting girl's night/TV Watching club at my house tomorrow. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it's just a chance for us to get together and we're all too lazy to actually read a book and talk about it, so TV watching it is. It's tough because there is always wine involved, and appetizers, and dessert. I'm hosting, so it means I'm doing my best to be healthy, but I also want everyone to enjoy themselves at my house. I'm having green olives with hummus and crackers for snacks while dinner is being made, then the main course is angel hair marinara with zuchinni and spinach. It's easy, cheap, and something pretty much everyone should like. For dessert I got lowfat big coffee chain popsicles. Should be pretty good overall. Now if I can just avoid the wine.

No comments: