Monday, May 29, 2006

Long Weekends

Are so great. Why do we have to work again? Sucky. This was a great weekend though. Saturday I took a rest day, but had a great eating day and stayed under 1200 calories. Sunday the boy and I went on a long ride.

We started out planning to go from Confluence Park (downtown Denver) to Chatfield reservoir. It's about 40 miles round-trip, but I was pumped and feeling ready to go. Well, somehow we turned off the path that goes along the river to the reservoir and ended up going west. We ended up going all the way to Morrison Road and climbing partway into the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. The ride was perfect. The scenery was beautiful and I was feeling good. We only rode about 32 miles, but the I think the climb on the way there made up for the lack of mileage. The boy even noted I didn't ever get snippy, which is what I tend to do when I'm tired and out of energy on a ride.

Including rest time for a banana once we hit Morrison Road, the ride took about 2 and a half hours. I burned over 1300 calories and averaged around 14 miles per hour. Awesome. We got home and made lunch and then took the best nap ever. We deserved it. After that, it was over to some friends house for pizza and wine. I ended up consuming way too many calories for my liking, but I guess it's what my body needed after that ride.

After a great night's sleep, I woke up this morning rejuvenated. Went out for a run planning to do the 3 mile loop I can finally do without stopping, but by the time I got back I felt okay so I decided to keep going. I ended up running almost 4 miles in 46 minutes. I'm not exactly sure of the mileage (I need to get the foot pod that goes with my heart rate monitor!) but I know it was close to four miles. Awesome again!

Got back and the boy and I took the dog on a walk and then chillaxed for the rest of the day. So remind me again why I have to go back to work? Because a girl could really get used to this.

No comments: