Saturday, May 27, 2006

Meltdown

I had a slight emotional meltdown last night. I won't go in to the details, but it wasn't good. I think I was just tired and relieved to have the boy home and pissed at myself for having popcorn at the movies and french fries at dinner. Feh. Also, I think "that time of the month" might have a little something to do with it. We had a long talk though, and I'm feeling better about myself and the things that I want. I mean I guess I've always known at some level what I want, but I haven't always been able to do what it takes to get there.

Today we went to the grocery store and stocked up on healthy foods, and we have a plan to stop eating out so much. I've been trying to lose weight pretty much ever since I've known him, and he's always been supportive, but I've always felt like this is something I should be able to do on my own. I think I'm finally realizing that I need help and I need as much support as I can possibly get. If I'm feeling weak or vulnerable, I can turn to him and ask for help. It's okay. It really is.

So tomorrow the plan is go on a long bike ride and make some yummy meals out of all the food we bought. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

1 comment:

BarbaraMG said...

Everyone needs support and you need to accept it wherever you can get it! (That is why we are all blogging about weight loss.)

That said I understand. I am at a point where I feel like I must do it all on my own. I don't want to tell anyone that I am trying to lose weight in case I fail. I also find telling people puts a big spotlight on my body that I spend a great deal of time trying to hide.

Do it for you but take the support. :) We can all use a pat on the back now and then.