Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Wednesday

Wednesday night check in. So far I'm doing good on all of my goals except the no sugar thing. It just isn't realistic for me. So I'm incorporating a 100 calorie snack pack of Chips Ahoy tonight. Okay and a few twizzlers today. Dammit. I actually think it's okay, especially if it helps keep me sane. Otherwise I'm doing well; vegetable at every meal and no alcohol, and I'm checking in here so that's good.

I still don't feel 100% about all of this, but I went to the trainer last night and he kicked my ass. In a good way though. He also reminded me of all of the accomplishments I've made so far. I'm such an active person now, and I do eat well for the most part. I know how to make really good decisions now. I can run for almost 40 minutes without stopping. I participate in charity events like the Roadless Ride, which I did on Friday morning and forgot to even tell you guys about! So things are going to be okay, it's just going to be a long road. And if this is ever going to work I'm going to have to have a better attitude. Right now I'm Debbie Downer all day long.

So the Roadless Ride was a series of 12 one hour long spin classes (I only did one) to benefit Brent's Place, a non-profit here in Denver that provides housing for kids with cancer who come to Denver for treatment. Such a great cause, and it was a great excuse to get my ass kicked at a 7 a.m. spin class. I have to tell you, it was pretty much the hardest spin class I've ever taken. I don't know if it was because I went early in the morning before work when usually I go later in the day, or if it was the instructor, who I've never had before but completely rocked. Either way it was a super tough class.

Unfortunately the Wednesday night class, which is what I usually attend, has been put on hiatus for the summer, so it looks like I'll be riding outside. Actually, that's a good thing now that I think about it. Well a good thing when it's nice, but of course today it's raining and icky outside. Tonight I opted to do an easy 40 minutes on the elliptical because I'm sore as hell from last night's weight session. Also a good thing. Oh my god I sound like a Martha St5wart. Yikes.

So yeah, I'm doing what I can. I'm working on it. I even cooked dinner tonight. I know I'm really boring right now but I'm trying to come up with some interesting topics to discuss. I promise!

2 comments:

Nicole (SummersComing) said...

Wow! You seem like you are super athletic! Good for you!

I hear ya on the sugar thing.

K said...

No, not boring at all.

You can run for 40 minutes! Wow. I can only do 25 (so far) without stopping and I've been at it for a year... though I think it's sore feet rather than lack of energy that's holding me back. You have come such a long way...

I couldn't do the no-sugar thing either.