Monday, November 13, 2006

172

Yippee! I'm back down to 172. 8 days of clean eating, and I mean seriously clean eating, has its rewards. Seven pounds to be exact. Wow. I could not be happier with this. And I finally hit the gym really hard tonight and burned some calories. My stamina still leaves something to be desired, but I'll get it back. I get it back and I'll do even better.

Before the wedding, I was running a 5K in about 37 minutes, or about a 12 minute mile. Today it took me 42 minutes because I had to stop and walk about four times. I'm okay with that though. It could have been worse.

I'm doing great now, but we'll see what happens when the boy gets home in a couple of days. The real test will be the trip to see my dad for Thanksgiving, a holiday I'm not exactly sure what to think about. I've mentioned trips to see my dad before. Usually they are filled with food, but this time I'm really going to try to nip that in the bud. That's probably a whole nother post for another time though.

So this past week has been great, and even though I hate Mondays, I feel pretty good about stuff right now. Had an awesome dinner of roasted chicken, sauteed zucchini and bell peppers and brown rice after a kick butt workout. Now I'm all settled in on my couch to read blogs and watch Heros and chillax for an hour or two before bed. Have a great night!

3 comments:

runny_yolk said...

That's awesome. Congrats :)

Anonymous said...

congrats on the 7 pound loss, is that in one week? i'm working on my treadmill stamina too, the longest i've gone so far is like 45 mins. with brief stops for water... how far is 5k? something like 3.3 miles?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the loss and the 8 clean eating days! That is awesome :).