Sunday, March 12, 2006

Changing to Tuesdays

Damn Sunday. Have I ever told you how much I hate Sundays? It's just bleh. So today was good though, I'm feeling pretty much back on track except I just ate two bites of a twix bar. Got up and went to the gym for over an hour, even played some basketball with the boy and made some shots. Went to Panera and had a bowl of black bean soup and half a veggie sandwich and even treated myself to a manicure with a good friend. It's been a good day, but it's ending and I'm sad about it all. Eh.

So I was thinking of changing my weigh-in day to Tuesday. I mean I'm not going to lie, I pretty much weigh myself every day. I know how my body fluctuates and I know not to get upset if I've eaten a big meal, etc., so I'm okay with it. But right now, my official weigh in day, the one that I write down on my cute little spreadsheet and the one I post here on my blog, is Monday.

At one point I was weighing in on Fridays, and that was good, but I felt like it gave me an excuse to eat like shit all weekend and then I'd have Monday - Thursday to make up for it. So I moved it to Monday because I thought it would help keep me accountable over the weekends. Which it basically has, but it's also a little difficult.

I mean Friday and Saturdays are definitely my highest calorie days, pretty much regardless of what else is going on in my life. I eat out more on the weekends, and I tend to have a drink or two as well. That's part of my life, and I like it that way so I don't think I'm really going to change it. And to top that off, I tend to become a little more irregular on the weekends. I mean I know this is TMI, but it's true. And I think it affects my weigh in on Monday mornings. So starting this week I'm going to change my official weigh in days to Tuesdays.

Tuesdays will still keep me accountable over the weekends, but they'll also give me a couple of days to make up for any badness that happens on Friday or Saturday. I think it's a nice happy medium. I may even go to Wednesdays depending on how this goes. But for right now we're going with Tuesdays. Geez who knew that recording my weight every week could take so much thought. Now if only I'd put that much thought into what I eat for dinner every night. :)

No comments: