Monday, March 20, 2006

Title

I can't think of another title right now. I hate Mondays. Today was my first wheat free day and it didn't got too terribly. I wasn't confronted with any meals out though, so we'll see how that goes tomorrow. This isn't typically one of those blogs where I write out what I eat, but I'm going to do that today just because I feel like it. This is my blog right?

Breakfast - salad, vitamins, 1 wheat free waffle (I made two but didn't really love them so I only ate the one)
Lunch - Amy's Frozen Cheese Enchilada meal (who knew that I loved this already and it's wheat free!)
Snacks - 1 orange, 1 Larabar, 2 cups light popcorn
Dinner - Turkey sandwich on Spelt bread (interesting texture and flavor, almost a little sweet, I think it has some sugar in it) 5 green olives

So all in all I think this was an okay day. I didn't get any veggies in besides my morning salad, but that's why I have it there in the morning so I don't have to worry about it for the rest of the day. According to Spark People this was 1543 calories, which is just below the top of my calorie range if I want to make my goal.

I also did 45 minutes on the elliptical and my toes are feeling okay, so overall I'd call this a good day. Why can't they all be like this?

Tomorrow will be a true test. I'll have lunch out with the boy for his birthday, but we're already going to Green Fine Salad company so I know I'll be okay there. The big scary part is dinner at Tamayo, which has the best guac ever. I know I can stay away from wheat there, but that doesn't mean I'll have a healthy meal. The goal is to eat as few chips as possible and no margaritas. I already know what I'm going to order, so as long as I can stop when I'm feeling full I should be okay. I do NOT want to feel like I felt Saturday night. It just isn't worth it.

1 comment:

K said...

I'm glad the toes are feeling better. It's not as though you can exactly avoid using them, and for a small part of the body, they can really make their presence felt if there's something not right...

Nothing wrong with a bit of food-journalling if that's how the mood takes you. I would probably do it more myself were it not that I get bored of typing in "oatmeal" and "cheese sandwich" over and over!