Thursday, June 01, 2006

Do you know the pain?

Do you know the pain of kidney stones? I don't, but the boy does now. We spent the morning at the hospital trying to figure out why he was writhing in pain and it turns out he has kidney stones. Poor thing. And of course bitchy Jeni was pissed at him for waking me up early. Oopsie. What the hell is wrong with me? Why can't I be nice to people I love? Even when they do wake me up at 4:45 a.m. Dammit.

Things are better now. He's got the painkillers and seems to be doing okay, although I'm sure the pain will come back once he has to pass the stones. I've heard it's devastating. Yick. I was planning on going on a run this morning before work but obviously that didn't happen, so I'm going to try to get it in tonight. We'll see if that actually happens. I want it to though, because I took yesterday off and I don't like taking two days in a row. I will push through the tiredness.

This whole situation has thrown off my eating schedule a little, but I think I'm doing okay. I've eaten about 950 calories so far and only want to eat 1200, so I'm going to have to have a teeney tiny dinner. The good news is; it's made me realize how lucky I am to have my health. I'm overweight, yes. But I'm not in constant physical pain. I can see and walk and run and jump. Things are good. Things are going to be okay.

No comments: