Thursday, June 22, 2006

Challenge Time!

So ladies, (and gents if there are any) I've decided to join Nicole's challenge and I can't tell you how pumped I am right now. I Tiv0ed Oprah on Monday and she was talking about her bootcamp challenge and I just thought to myself; "I can do this." Dammit my wedding is coming up and I want to know that I tried as hard as I could.

So here is my plan:

Working out six to eight times a week. I know this sounds like a lot, but I think I can do it. Working out is actually my strong suit right now and I'm gaining momentum with my running, so I'm aiming high. This will mean two weight workouts a week (one with the trainer) and then four to six cardio workouts. Cardio workout means at least 30 - 60 minutes with my heart rate pumping! Burning some calories y'all! Okay dorkasaurus.

As far as food goes, I'm eliminating alcohol until the wedding except for four special occasions. This is probably going to be the hardest thing for me. As you know (or maybe you don't), I use food and alcohol to make myself comfortable in social situations. I never get wasted or anything, but I definitely enjoy some wine and munchies though, and usually this leads to me consuming waaaay too many calories. I haven't decided what the special occasions will be yet, but I do want to give myself some leeway.

Next up on the food list, I'll attempt to stop eating after 8:00. This is going to be tough because I tend to eat late, but I think I can do it. It's just going to take a lot of planning.

Of course I'll log my calories on SparkPeople, I'll limit white bread and sugar, and try to stay under 1400 calories a day. This is going to be tough, but I am confident.

Goals:

Lose 25 lbs in the next 12 weeks. I know this is a lot - over 2 lbs a week, but I am going to be focused and I think it's going to happen. If it doesn't, I'll be okay with it. I'm not going to be disappointed.

Quicken my running pace to 11 minute miles. Right now I'm running 14 - 15 minute miles and that is just way too slow. I think if I really commit to running and doing speedwork, I can do this. And when I'm carrying 25 lbs less, it will be THAT much easier.

So I weigh myself every day (I know, bad, but it helps keep me accountable). I started today, so I'm changing my weigh-in day to Thursday. As of this morning I was 183, so let's hope I'm at least in the low 160's by the end of this 12 weeks, and the 150's by the wedding (October 14).

To all those who are joining the challenge - good luck! I can't wait to see how we all do!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Good luck! I think you're going to do great!
I always set my goals on the high end too because I find that it helps me push myself. Sometimes it's amazing when we think we might be aiming too high and then we surprise ourselves by actually rising to the occasion!
I wish you the best of luck and I'll be here to cheer you on!