Monday, April 07, 2008

And it begins...

This weekend was good - lots of fun with friends and lots of downtime, which was nice because the next three weekends in a row I have either weddings, wedding showers or baby showers to attend. Saturday morning was wonderful - I slept late with the dogger while the boy got up early to go snowboarding. I would have gone to enjoy some fun spring riding but I had a hair appointment that I couldn't move, so I decided just to enjoy the time to myself. My haircut is interesting; I've been going with the Reese W1therspoon type bangs for some time now and I really like that, but my stylist thought I should try the Heid1 Klum bangs, like the ones she's been wearing on Proj3ct Runway, so I decided to go for it.

Well my hair isn't quite as thick as hers, but I think it looks okay. I'm actually looking a little more rocker, which I kind of like. I'll try to post a picture at some point but that would mean washing my hair and styling, which hasn't been done quite yet today. :)

After my haircut I went to get a mani with my sister, so it was a nice little day of pampering. I went with Russ1an Navy on my nails to compliment the new rocker cut. Love it.

Saturday night we ended up going to an impromptu birthday party for a friend of a friend, and I was pretty proud of my choice to stick to mostly salad and only have one tiny sliver of pizza rather than just shoving it in my face like I might normally do. It's the little things at this point.

Sunday the boy and I went to brunch and ran a few errands, hung out around the house and played Rock Band with some friends. Overall, a pretty dynamite weekend. Food was good and I peeked at the scale and it's finally moving in the right direction, so I'm feeling good. I took both days off from exercising because I was pretty sore from the squats I did on Friday and I wanted to rest up because I start boot camp today.

Last time I did this boot camp the first day consisted of a few fitness tests. I went back through my archives and found my results for my first day of boot camp last year, which interestingly enough was almost exactly a year ago. They were as follows:

Sit Ups (full body, not crunching): 64 in two minutes
Hop ups (two legs at a time, not step ups): 57 in two minutes
Pushups (regular pushups, once you fall to your knees you're done): 7 in two minutes

I also did the 1.6 mile loop around Cheeseman in 17:38.

I'm not sure if we'll do the same exact tests tonight, but I'll be interested to see how I compare fitness-wise. I know we won't be doing the loop around Cheeseman because I'm going to a new location, but I bet we'll do at least a mile run so I'll probably be able to figure out the comparison fairly easily. Judging by my current workouts, I'd say I'm probably in a fairly comparable place, and sadly I think I may weigh a little more than I did last year at this time. But hopefully I'm on the way down.

I'll check in tomorrow and let you all know how it goes, but wish me luck!

1 comment:

K said...

Good luck! It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

I have no clue what the new bangs would look like, but "rocker" sounds like a good look. (I have the least rocker hair ever. Probably more late-sixties-folksinger.)