Saturday, July 09, 2005

Chips for Dinner

I had chips for dinner last night. I failed to plan. These are not the actions of someone who is actually trying to live a healthy lifestyle. It's funny how this tends to occur on days I take off from working out. Yesterday was a well deserved day off, and the day started out great eating wise. Then of course I went to a barbeque and the options for a non-red meat-eater were nill.

So I had some crostini. Then I had some Sun Chips. Then I had some Salt and Vinegar Potato Chips. Ahh such is life. And while I did not get any of the necessary nutrients yesterday, at least I didn't supplement my all-chip dinner with another second, even worse dinner. That is something I would have done in my past. Clearly this was not a good start to the weekend, but I'm starting fresh today. I took the dogger to the farmer's market, bought some new workout socks at my new favorite store, and now I'm going to do my 45 minutes on the elliptical.

Tonight I'll have a healthy, balanced meal. No chips.

No comments: