Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Goin' Ridin'

Where have I been? Well apparently no one wants to blog when they aren't doing a good job. And I think I understand why. I haven't been binging, or going too far off points, but I can't say I'm doing a good job. My goal for this week was to get in the veggies. I've been doing okay on that, but not nearly as good as I'd like to be. Still a few more days left until weigh-in day though, so I'm going to try to compensate for lost time.

As far as exercise goes, I seem to lose the drive to exercise whenever the boy is home. He took Friday and Monday off, thus the lack of exercise this weekend. I did my 45 minutes on the elliptical on Friday, and then I'm not sure what happened after that. We had an early BBQ on Saturday. I drank too much and I ruined my chances of working out on Sunday. But yesterday we went bike shopping, and I am filled with a newfound desire to get my butt outside. Lookit what I got!

I am so pumped. I've been reading Joy's road bike shopping adventures, and I knew the boy was really itching to buy one, so when we went shopping yesterday I was psyched to find something that really fit me properly and that I knew I'd want to ride. And I did.

We spent the entire day going to various shops and riding and then finally purchasing! Who knew cycling was such an expensive sport? There are just so many things to get; locks, pumps, extra tubes, gloves, helmet, and on and on and on. But I tried to refrain as much as possible, so I don't yet have the fancy shoes or clip in pedals or anything. By the time I got home yesterday and walked the dogger and scarfed a Lean Cuisine, it was too late to actually take the new bike out for a spin. Damn!

But we're going tonight. And with the desire to ride I've found the desire to eat right as well. I feel great today, but anxious to get out there. I just have to wait for the boy to get home. It scares me that today is one of the hottest days of the year so far, but hopefully it should cool off a little this evening. And it scares me that we're doing about 9 miles round trip for our first ride. I hope we can do it! We're going to ride over to REI and look at cycling shorts, so that should be an adventure. I just hope I can get my legs in some of those shorts without having them look like sausages. I'll let you know how the ride goes tomorrow morning!

No comments: