Friday, July 15, 2005

Weigh-In Day

And the verdict is...

Down .5 to 186.5. This is encouraging. That's 3.5 lbs in the 3 weeks since I've been back OP, which is a healthy rate of weight loss. I feel good. Of course, I'd love to be losing 2 lbs every single week and hit goal in a matter of months, but I know this is the way to do it and keep it off. And, to top it off, I'm doing it in a way that makes me sane.

Years of dieting have taught me that if I'm too strict with myself, I'm just setting myself up for failure. I do need structure, which is where WW Online comes in, but I absolutely cannot forbid myself any one type of food. I need to be able to go out with my friends and have a few beers. And I need to be able to eat my ice cream, or a tootsie roll, or nachos or whatever it is. I just need to be able to do it in moderation, and make sure that most of my daily calories come from healthy foods. And I guess that is where the healthy living tools or whatever they are called come in.

So that brings me to my goal for this week. More veggies. Getting enough veggies is a constant struggle. I'm not going to have any other goals, nothing concerning weight loss or points or anything else, just the veggies. Of course I'd like to see a bigger loss than what I saw this week, and I want to stay within points, but getting my veggies in will be the focus. Tonight we're going out somewhere nice, so I should be able to do veggies on the side. And tomorrow is a BBQ, so I'll go to the farmer's market in the morning and get stuff for kabobs. By next Friday, I should be bursting at the gills with all the nutrients I've gotten from my veggies.

No comments: