Sunday, July 10, 2005

Perfect Sunday

I wish every Sunday could be as great as this one has been. I slept great with the boy finally back in town. I forget how much I miss him during the night. We got up, took the dogger on a walk and got him a new harness, which I'm afraid is a bit big but we'll work it out. This afternoon we went on a long bike ride, about 75 minutes, and my heart rate monitor says I burned a whopping 1184 calories. Is that even possible?

I just got this heart rate monitor a few weeks ago, and I'm consistently amazed by the number of calories it says I am buring during my workouts. According to this, I could be eating way more. I guess that explains why I still lost 1 lb last week even though I went waaaayyyyy over my points for the week. Interesting.

Still, I don't want to get into the habit of eating too much and expecting a loss. But then again, I don't want to train my body to only be able to lose weight on a tiny amount of calories. It's all about finding the right balance I think.

Anywho, back to the perfect Sunday. After the bike ride I had a delicious turkey sandwich, went shopping for the week, and now I'm settled in for some Haagen-Dazs Light mint chip ice cream and some Entourage. Perfect.

No comments: