Thursday, July 21, 2005

Free Weights, Monthly Visitor, and other Blathering

Okay I'm clearly new to this blogging thing, but I want to post my stats on the sidebar and I have no idea how? Anyone out there? Bueller? Hmmm, hopefully I'll figure it out.

Today I was visited by the lovely Aunt Flo, and I'm definitely feeling it. Sluggish, bloated, hungry, and all around cranky. I forced myself into the gym though and did a short walk/jog warmup, then free weights for a while. I know I need to step it up with the weights because I can tell I'm sorely lacking in muscle tone. It's flab city over here yall. But I just hate it. I know I sound whiny and I need to just suck it up and do it, but I effing hate lifting weights. I was doing the Firm tapes for a while and I liked doing that, but since I've moved back to Denver I don't have my free weights, so I've been going to the little gym in our complex.

Okay that's a lie. My free weights are still in my car. It's just that every time I come up, I always seem to have something in my hands, and those weights are heavy, you know? Damn I'm lazy. I guess I'm going to have to suck it up and get them out so I can get back with the Firm, because I absolutely loathe lifting weights in the gym and my workouts suffer because of it. So the new plan is, cardio will be biking and elliptical, but hopefully biking, and Firm tapes at least 2x a week.

In other workout news, we've decided to do the Buffalo Bicycle Classic, so I have a race to train for! I'll probably just start with the 35 miler because I don't want to overdo it, but now I'm really stoked because I have something to train for. And it benefits my dear ol' CU, and the college of Arts and Sciences scholarship fund. I can't wait. Now I need a training plan. Hmm, guess I'll have to hit the trusty net for that.

No comments: