Sunday, January 22, 2006

Fat Fighters

I've joined the Fat Fighters web ring! So if you stop by, click on the button over to the right and check out some cool blogs. Oh how I love the technology. Thanks to Renee for hooking me up.

Gotta get ready to watch the Bronco's win the AFC championship. Isn't it funny how Americans are obsessed with sitting on their couches watching other people accomplish huge athletic feats? (Myself included of course). Wait until the Olympics get here; I'll be glued to my TV. But you know what, I think this year I'm going to try to watch a few of the events at the gym, while I'm working out. I'll never be a professional athlete, but this is the year for me to find out just exactly what my body can do.

4 comments:

lainb said...

that's a great idea to watch the events at your gym!! you get two things accomplished at once...and if you tell yourself you're only allowed to watch it at the gym, that will be great motivation to get there.

jj said...

Sorry 'bout those Broncos... they're my husband's favorite team and he was bummed all day yesterday. :-(

But like you, I'm a BIG olympics lover! Gonna watch them at the gym. Gonna watch them from the stationary bike at home. Gonna cry over the national anthem while doing yoga in the living room. They're just SO inspirational!

K said...

Yes, I saw you had joined and were doing the challenge. Me, I'm most stupidly excited about having a button made for me...

I was at the gym during an international rugby event a while ago, and it was really funny - a lot of guys standing around in the weight room looking at the TV screen and not doing any work (they were all sporty types, though). I had no competition for the squat cage for once!

Dee said...

I'm with ya on challenging yourself to see what your body can do, I time and time again am in awe of it. Will be so fun to find out what else it can do!

Fatfighters is a great place with great info, yay for joining the webring I didn't know it was up heh thanks for the info