Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Changes

Wow. Thanks to those who mentioned I should take it easy for my first week back to work. You guys were right. I am exhausted. I managed a ride yesterday after work, but tonight I'm going to have to take a day off from working out. I just can't muster up the energy. I know a ride would probably invigorate me, but I have a flat and the thought of changing a tire, going on a ride and semi-darkness, and then staying awake past 10 is almost more than I can take. So I'll rest.

I've been mostly on track with my goals for the week, although I did eat a few activity points yesterday. I haven't been stress eating, I managed a workout, and I've been eating a good breakfast every morning. Okay I'm only two days in, but still. I think the breakfast thing will be easy. I can definitely see the need for happy hour arising soon though.

I've pretty much accepted I won't be making my Labor Day goal, which sucks. That also means I won't be filling a beaker of fat for Renee's challenge. But I'm still going to get as close as I can.

Losing weight is so hard. So all-consuming.

I'm mostly in a good place emotionally. I want to stay here. But I know if I don't actually lose some weight, instead of bobbing up and down within the same five pounds, I'm eventually going to get fed up. And that means I'll either let it all go to hell and gain, or I'll get hardcore and lose. Right now, I've got a lot of change to deal with. I'm going to focus on performing well in my new job, loving my boy, my family, and my friends, and being the best person I can be. This includes taking care of my body. Eating well. Riding my bike. Getting enough sleep. If I lose over the next couple of weeks, great. If I maintain, fine. I don't want to use this life change as an excuse to gain though. I won't.

No comments: