Friday, August 19, 2005

Weigh-In Day

Down .5 today to put me right at 184. Now I know a .5 loss is pretty miniscule, but I'm happy because it is still a loss and represents two weeks in a row of losing now. Which is awesome! Because I'm the type of person who, when I see a good loss one week, instead of getting even more motivated, usually takes that as an excuse to overeat and then of course I gain it back the next week. And on. And on. And on.

Thus the reason why I haven't lost a significant amount of weight in the past year.

Any who.

Back to my loss. I dare say it may have even been a bigger loss if I hadn't had my monthly visitor, but that's just an excuse so I'll try to put it out of my mind. My net loss for Renee's challenge is still only 1.5 lbs because of my big gain in the first two weeks, so I still have a way to go to hit my beaker, and of course my personal goal of being under 180 by Labor Day. I think I can do it though. I'm aiming high.

I have one weekend left until I start my new job. Now normally this would be an excuse for me to go hog wild and eat everything in sight because I'm getting ready to encounter that next milestone in my career and other such bullshit excuses. But this weekend I am NOT going to do that. I'm going to dinner with my parents to celebrate, but I will once again choose the fish. In fact, I think "choose the fish" is going to be my new mantra. I kind of like the sound of that. It's funny how words can take on strange new meanings in my head. To me, choosing the fish is somehow symbolic of my decision to take on a healthy lifestyle. To get outside and work my body and to enjoy activity more than couch surfing and to eat fruits and veggies and ride my bike and avoid too much sugar and to, you know, choose the fish.

So this weekend will not be a binge fest. I will eat well so that come Monday morning, I feel refreshed and healthy rather than bloated and disgusting for my first day. Yes. I will choose the fish.

Edit: Today Slim Spirited has a great question for what she calls Fit and Fabulous Friday! What keeps you going on the weekends? Check it out!

No comments: