Sunday, August 07, 2005

Weekend Wrap Up

This weekend was 100% better than last weekend. It wasn't perfect in the sense of clean eating, but I think it was great considering the conditions.

Friday night, after my 20 mile ride, we ended up at cheesy Denver landmark Casa Bonita with about 15 other people. You probably don't know anything about Casa Bonita, so let me just tell you that it isn't so well-known for its food. This huge Mexican restaurant seats about 1100 people, and judging from my experience it's mostly families with screaming kids. The restaurant has indoor cliffs complete with cliff divers, little one-act plays, Black Bart's cave, and an arcade. When you enter you are shuffled through a line and pick up your food buffet style, with choices of beef or chicken all-you-can eat plates. Yuck. Well being my picky self (don't eat beef, very sensitive with other meat) I ended up with a cheese enchilada plate. I ate the processed cheese enchiladas because I knew I had to have something in my stomach or else the beers I planned on having would go to my head. They weren't a great choice point-wise, but they were the best I could do in the situation. I'm not going to bust out a Zone bar or something in front of 15 of my friends. Sorry but I just can't do that. And I'm proud of myself for not overeating just because I had the all you can eat opportunity.

Saturday I took my little sister to see a movie. A movie all about candy. I think you know which one I'm talking about. I refrained from the candy but I did have some popcorn, but I had the points for it so it was fine. I also took yesterday as a rest day workout-wise to recover my long ride on Friday.

Today I did a short, 10 mile ride, and ate clean all day until tonight, we went to Chili's. I had some fries, which dipped me into activity and flex points, but it's still fine because that's what those points are for right? I feel a little fuller than I'd like to, but overall I'm pretty happy with my weekend. I'm feeling great about all the riding I've been doing, and I'm thinking about trying out 30 miles this week at some point. We'll see if I actually get up the nerve to do it without the boy along for moral support (he's out of town) but I'd really like to. I played around with the most excellent gmap Pedometer, and I think I could find some really cool routes.

This is the first weekend in a while that I've actually had flex points left on Sunday night, so I'm feeling really great about that. I'd like to keep those flex points all week and see how that contributes to my loss this week (because I do plan on losing this week). The goal of course will not be a weight loss goal, although secretly I'd like to get rid of that 1.5 lb gain from the last 2 weeks as well as another .5. But scale weight aside, I'd like to continue to focus on getting my veggies in and kicking up my mileage on the bike. Now it's off to read before bed!

No comments: