Wednesday, August 10, 2005

My Little Secret

Argh. Stupid blogger. I had an entire post written and voila, it disappears when I go to publish. Turns out blogger was down for an hour for maintenance. I guess I should have known realized. Oh well. New post.

Today I am not feeling well. I haven't mentioned this yet, but I guess its time to go ahead and get it out there, seeing as how I've put pretty much everything else out there so far. I have psoriasis, and a pretty bad case of it. It's mostly all over my hands and feet, but I have little spots all over my body. It's annoying, but its not life threatening, and its something I've lived with since I was 18. It appeared during my freshman year in college, coinciding with some serious stress as well as weight gain. I guess I've always secretly thought if I lost weight it might go away. I know that's probably not the case because all of the doctors say it doesn't really have anything to do with how much you weigh. But still. A girl can dream.

Anyway, so yesterday I started a new treatment for my psoriasis, it's called Raptiva, and I give it to myself via injection once a week. The side effects for your first injection include flu-like symptoms, but its supposed to subside after the first two to three injections. Today I'm feeling achey, feverish, tired, and just all around icky. So I skipped my workout in favor of a nap.

This makes two days in a row without working out, and I definitely feel restless. I hate skipping a day when I planned to ride. But I know I need to take care of my body, so rest was probably the best thing for me to do today.

Food-wise, things are going very well. I've been sticking to my points, even though I did break down and go get a salad from Whole Food's last night. I'm glad I did though, because I got in some much needed veggies. I'm also sitting here drinking my first ever cup of Adagio tea, and I must say it is quite delicious. I got a new teapot as well. So fun! Nicole, if you pop by here, thanks for promoting this tea on your site. It's so yummy!

No comments: