Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Doing Okay

Okay so thanks for your comments. It isn't about being completely perfect. It's about making this part of my life. You guys are right. Oh I do like blogging! It's so nice to hear from people going through the same thing I am.

I did a Firm yoga video this morning. It's amazing how one yoga workout can calm me down and change my perspective. Of course I'm back on my mid-week kick. One thing I've definitely realized though, is that even though I enjoy having some drinks with my friends on the weekend, I'm depressed the next day after I drink alcohol. I just feel guilty and bad about myself. I don't like that feeling. So I'm going to work on that. It's not that I drink that much. But even that little bit makes me feel icky. And I don't want to feel icky.

I rode 22 miles on Sunday, all the way to the Cherry Creek Reservoir and back. It was awesome. And hot. And I was a little hung over. But it really helped my mood. It appears I may not lose any weight for Renee's challenge. But I'm thinking I need to stop worrying about the numbers so much. I have made a lot of progress during this challenge regardless of the number. I've ridden my bike longer than I ever had before. I made it up a huge hill without stopping or falling over. I've found a sport to do with the boy that we both love.

I'm doing okay. I want to lose weight. But I'm doing okay.

No comments: