Friday, August 12, 2005

Weigh-In Day

Down 2.5 this week to 184.5! I guess I shouldn't have been worried after all. This has been a great week overall; I'm proud of myself for kicking some 'arse this week. It's strange though, how I'm slightly depressed at seeing this weight. I'm happy and I feel good about the progress that I'm making, but I can't help thinking about where I could be if I hadn't gone off program. I suppose I just need to focus on the positive changes and let go of any negativity and guilt. I see my weight chart though, and I see how it was down at 176 earlier this year, and it makes me kind of sad.

I guess that's just part of the mental conflict I experience as a part of losing weight. I think most people who are going through this process question themselves, and I'm no different. Am I doing this for the right reasons? I think so. But I don't want my weight to envelop me; to become the only thing I think about, the only thing I do. Maybe I'll go ride my bike. I think it will help clear my head.

No comments: