Friday, August 05, 2005

Weigh-In Day

As of 2 weeks ago I was at 185.5. Today I weighed in at 187, for a 2 week gain of 1.5. I'm disappointed, but I guess I knew it was coming. I ate poorly while in Texas and I'm paying for it now. So as of today I'm modifying my labor day goal of 175.5, which is just unrealistic at this point. And if I don't succeed I don't want to be feeling guilty and pissed off at myself. Instead I'm going to work toward getting under 180. Even if that means 179.5 (my scale weighs me in .5 increments). I will do this by labor day. I will have lost my one beaker of fat, and hopefully even a little more.

What this means though, is that there is little room for straying off plan. Tonight a bunch of people will be coming over to hang out and then go out in my neighborhood. There will be beer. And I will drink some. But I don't want to get drunk because I don't want to feel like shit tomorrow and I want to go on a ride tomorrow. I'm doing an easy ride today, probably about 10 miles depending on the condition of the trail. I want to do 20 tomorrow. And I know I won't do that if I overdo it tonight.

I know today will be the day I use my flex points, which is fine because the boy is going out of town for work tomorrow so I should be able to eat at home all week long. But even so, I don't want to eat 50 points today just because it's Friday. I guess I'm just sitting here trying to psych myself up for tonight, because I know I'm going to encounter lots of challenges. But like I said in my previous post, I'm going to be in a social situation and I'm going to think about Renee's challenge and all of the ladies out there who are kicking some fat ass!

No comments: